Makovsky is seeking a talented and driven Vice President to join its award-winning Health Practice, the Healthcare Agency of the Year (Holmes Report). Our clients and assignments get national recognition — our work is cited as among the most important, interesting and challenging in the industry. The ideal VP candidate is an aspiring leader who can add to this dynamic.
Named a “Top Place to Work” by PR News, our teams are honored with significant industry awards, including recent “Best PR Agency”, “PR Woman of the Year”, “Best Healthcare Products Campaign,” “Best Education/Public Service Campaign,” “Brand Experience of the Year,” and “Best PR Campaign” awards. We are deeply committed to helping clients succeed in the marketplace through unmatched communications strategy and execution—and, ultimately, impacting patient care and health outcomes.
Why grow your career at Makovsky Health? Our work spans a broad industry spectrum to keep things thought-provoking and exciting; from nationwide consumer education campaigns to highly specialized advocacy work. Clients include leading pharma companies, peer-reviewed medical journals and not-for-profit organizations. This opportunity offers a chance to contribute to diverse accounts and gain access to senior leaders that are invested in each team member’s success and professional growth.
- Managing accounts as day-to-day lead, developing plans that map back to client objectives and leading account teams in program execution and results reporting
- Making an active role in client strategy—our flat structure means greater exposure to high-level thinking and mentoring from industry veterans
- Engaging potential advocacy and professional partners on behalf of clients
- Originating and reviewing content, including programs/plans, media materials, thought-leadership communications and byline articles
- Exercising strong media skills, guiding colleagues around corporate announcements/milestones; generating new ideas for pitches and placements
- Developing social media strategy and providing counsel for engagement in a highly regulated environment
- Managing workflow, timelines and client deliverables; reporting status of accounts to direct supervisor and managing account staff
- Contributing to new business efforts, from informing the strategic approach to presentation development
- Six-to-eight years agency or related experience in the health industry
- Proven track record of account management, including building client relationships, budget tracking, and teaching/mentoring junior staff
- Understanding of the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries with significant experience managing programs for clients in this space
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Seasoned writing skills and an aptitude for developing a wide range of content
- Experience in plan and strategy memo development, including proficiency in PowerPoint
- Media relations expertise and knowledge of the media landscape
- Experience using social media platforms in a professional capacity, and an interest to evolve as the medium shifts
- Ability to provide clear direction, mobilize a team and check-in on follow-through
- Sound judgment, respect for colleagues, sensitivity to others’ needs, a collaborative attitude and a great sense of humor!