Makovsky is seeking talented and driven Account Supervisors/Senior Account Executives to join our Health practice. Our clients and assignments get national recognition — our work is cited as among the most important, interesting and challenging in the industry. The ideal candidate is an aspiring leader who can add to this dynamic.
Why grow your career at Makovsky Health? Our work spans a broad industry spectrum to keep things thought-provoking and exciting; from nationwide consumer education campaigns to highly specialized advocacy work. Clients include leading pharma companies, peer-reviewed medical journals and not-for-profit organizations. This opportunity offers a chance to contribute to diverse accounts and gain access to senior leaders that are invested in each team member’s success and professional growth.
- Working across well-known clients in the healthcare and pharmaceutical space and leading innovators.
- Taking an active role in client programming and counsel—our “horizontal” structure means greater exposure to strategic thinking and mentoring from industry veterans.
- Drafting materials, including thought-leadership communications, bylines, fact sheets, press releases and planning documents.
- Exercising strong, consistent media relations skills, guiding colleagues around corporate announcements/milestones, generating new ideas for pitches and placements, and results reporting.
- Developing social media strategy and providing counsel for content generation and engagement in a highly regulated environment.
- Managing workflow, timelines and client deliverables; reporting status of accounts to direct supervisor and managing account staff.
- 3-5 years agency of related experience.
- Strong writing skills and an aptitude for developing a wide range of content.
- Media relations expertise and knowledge of the media landscape.
- Experience using social media platforms in a professional capacity, and an interest to evolve as the medium shifts.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide clear direction, mobilize a team and check-in on follow-through.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to others’ needs, a collaborative attitude and sense of humor.
- Ability to advocate for self, colleagues and clients.
Makovsky is recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in PR” and consistently ranked on the “PR Power 50” List. Working at Makovsky provides a fantastic training ground to become a top communications expert and manager. Career growth, with clear steps to promotion, is outlined for each team member.
Please send your resume and cover letter and any other relevant information to [email protected].